How to open the charge port lid and cover – Nissan Leaf.
A short step-by-step guide on how to open the charge port lid and covers on a Nissan Leaf.
Step by step
1. Press the charge port lid opener switch
2. Charge port lid will open, three beeps will sound and charging status indicator lights will flash
3. Or press and hold down the keyfob button
4. Charge port lid will open, three beeps will sound and charging status indicator lights will flash
5. Once opened, lift up the lid
6. Open the orange slow charge port cover by sliding the latch to the left
7. Open the black fast charge port cover by sliding the latch to the right
8. CHAdeMo port (left) is used for fast charging
SAE J1772 port (right) is used for slow charging
9. After charging, close the charge port cover
10. Then lower the lid and press firmly to close
Notes: you can not charge using both fast charge port and slow charge port at the same time. Also, the charge port lid in this video shows a front facing parking camera and coiled cable. Additionally, not all Nissan Leafs have a front facing camera but the open procedure is the same.
Furthermore, after charging it is recommended to close the charge port covers and lid. This will stop dirt getting into the electrical connectors.
More about these videos
Thank you for watching this how to video. Want to enjoy more videos like this? Make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel. Our channel aims to publish new videos every week. We produce all our own content, including the fun Electric Vehicle Counting Report and the Timelapse Commute. Like, subscribe, comment and share our videos to help accelerate our transition towards sustainable transportation.